The fatigue felt by people with cancer is so common that it has its own name: cancer related fatigue. When it strikes, it is often debilitating and can significantly impact the quality of life. Cancer related fatigue (CRF) isn’t unique to cancer treatment, it can even occur after treatment is complete. It’s a daily lack of energy, excessive whole-body exhaustion that isn’t relieved by sleep.
It’s essential to exercise before, during and after cancer treatment if possible. Working with a physical therapist at DHT Physical Therapy can help you to become stronger both physically and mentally—to get back to exercising and a healthy lifestyle.
Some common CRF symptoms include:
- Extreme tiredness
- Chronic pain
- Difficulty with balance
- Difficulty performing daily tasks
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty walking, even short distances
What Are the Benefits of DHT Physical Therapy Cancer Fatigue Program?
- Enhances overall quality of life
- Improves body image
- Improves strength and cardiovascular function
- Increases tolerance for activities of daily living
- Decrease anxiety and depression
- Encourages lifelong exercise habits
- Provides a safe place to exercise with knowledgeable physical therapists to assist every step of the way
- Improves balance and energy conservation
- Increases mobility and endurance
- Address pain which can help alleviate fatigue
- Improve posture
- Provide core body strengthening
- Use non-drug based treatments such as soft tissue and joint mobilization
- Activity enhancement
Your CRF program with DHT Physical Therapy will be tailored to your specific needs and address your symptoms. We will always use the approach that has the most benefits for your overall health and well-being. We will be giving you one-on-one care and encouragement every step of the way.