Your hands. We all use them constantly, from the moment we wake up until settling in bed for the night, our hands are always doing something for us. But have you ever wondered what your hands say about you? From the shape of your hands, to your palm lines, each part holds a special meaning that is specific to you and your personality.
What Your Hands Say About You
Your hand size can indicate something about your personality. Let’s compare large hands vs. small hands.
Large Hands: perfectionist, always running late, an effective worker, sensitive, impulsive, often overreacts, regardful to others, put yourself last
Small Hands: prone to take more risks, adventurous, generous, logical, solves problems immediately
Connect with Desert Hand Therapy on Facebook for more fun tips!
Square Palm: the width is equal to the length and you have shorter fingers. Known as Earth hands, a square palm means you are practical, logical, a good mathematician and tend to ignore your intuition.
Rectangular Palm: Air hands are square or rectangular in shape with long fingers, defined knuckles and low set thumbs. People with rectangular palms tend to solve problems faster and are very intuitive. You are sensitive and adventurous.
Long Fingers: indicate a curious personality
Short Fingers: tend to be very good leaders
Defining Your Palm Lines
Palmistry has been around for thousands of years, and it is the art of telling the future through the study of the palm — but it can also teach you a lot about your personality and your character. If you wonder what your hands say about you, look down at your palms and decipher the lines.
There are three major lines that are found on almost all hands that are the most commonly read. Palm readers tend to pay the most attention to these lines. In determining which hand to read, it is most common to choose your dominant hand. This represents your present and past life, and your less dominant hand represents your life ahead.
The heart line is found towards the top of the palm and represents love and attraction, matters of the heart, and emotional living.
- If your heart line starts under your index finger, you are satisfied in your love life.
- If your heart line starts beneath your middle finger, you tend to be selfish when you are in love.
- If your heart line starts between your index finger and middle finger, it is believed that you fall in love easily!
- Short line– You may be interested in other things other than romance.
- Long line– You express your emotional and romantic feelings very easily.
- Wavy line– You may have many relationships during your lifetime, and a few of them have the potential to be very serious!
The head line sits just below the heart line, and represents the human mind and the way it works. This includes intellectualism, creativity and the amount of knowledge you crave.
- A general, curvy line means you are creative and spontaneous, where a straight line means you are more practical and structured.
- Short line– You like physical accomplishments. You would choose to go for a run or hike rather than watch a movie.
- Long line– You are a clear and focused thinker.
- Wavy line– You have a short attention span and tend to get distracted easily.
This line starts at the edge of your palm above the thumb and arches downward towards your wrist. The life line represents your general well being. Don’t worry, a short life line does not mean you are going to have a short life!
- If your life line is close to your thumb, you tend to have low energy and like to sleep a lot.
- If it is wide and curvy, you have a lot of energy and feel rested most of the time.
- If your line is straight and stays close to the edge of your palm, you take extra caution in most of your relationships.
- A long and defined line represents inner strength and vitality.
- A short and shallow line means that you could be easily manipulated by others.
- If there is a break in your line, this could represent a major change in lifestyle, or a physical move.
Dial Into Your Personality Through Your Digits
And it’s not just about the palms. Your fingers can say a lot about you! According to recent studies, if you’re looking to find what your hands say about you and your personality, check our your ring finger specifically. The length of your ring finger indicates the amount of testosterone you were exposed to in the womb. The shorter or longer it is, the more telling.
Real Simple shares some interesting information about the associated characteristics of each digit:
Thumb: drive to succeed
Index finger: power, vision, influence, authority
Middle finger: efficiency, security, growth, wisdom, accountability
Ring finger: self-expression, creativity, a yearning to be in the spotlight
Pinkie: communication style